Health and Wellbeing Coordinator Workshop
Cancer Council WA - Seminar Room
15 Bedbrook Place, SHENTON PARK
The Healthier Workplace WA Health and Wellbeing Coordinator Workshop covers the basics of workplace health promotion. This FREE half-day professional development opportunity looks at the justification for investing in the health of workers, best practice workplace health and wellbeing strategies and the steps involved in creating a workplace action plan.
At the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Describe why the workplace is a priority setting for health promotion
- List the reasons why workplaces should invest in health and wellbeing
- Discuss techniques for influencing employee behaviours across 4 key areas: physical activity, healthy eating, alcohol consumption and smoking
- Describe effective methods for staff consultation
- Identify techniques for evaluating workplace health and wellbeing strategies
- Devise a workplace health promotion action plan.
This workshop is suitable for anyone with an interest in or is responsible for health and wellbeing in the workplace. People who might find this workshop particularly useful include managers, health and wellbeing coordinators, occupational health and safety officers, human resource officers and health champions. Participants will be provided with opportunities to network with like-minded people from other organisations.
A light morning tea will be provided.
Please note, limitations for attendance apply. Please register no more than two employees from the same workplace.
Registrations for this workshop are now CLOSED. Please subscribe to our mailing list to be notified of future events.
Registrations for this event are now closed.